Compote of red fruits with yogurt
I like to take care of myself and be "majetona", but I also like to enjoy the food; that's why I look for nutritious recipes and if possible with a few less calories.
Today's recipe, as you can see, comes through your eyes, very appealing. But it is also very healthy, since red fruits have very good vitamins, antioxidant trace elements, polyphenols, carotenoids, etc. that protect us from numerous pathologies.
Also, they have been very effective in maintaining mental acuity and reducing memory loss.
Regarding yogurt. This product derived from milk contains more than 100 million microorganisms that give us some concrete benefit, which makes it especially digestible and "feels good". In addition, yogurt helps us maintain a healthy weight. For some time it has been known that consuming it daily can help maintain a correct waist circumference and prevent fat from accumulating right there (just where I need it not to accumulate;))
- 250 gr of red fruits: raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, currants ...
- juice of a large orange
- zest of an orange
- 1 envelope of vanilla sugar
- 1 heaping tablespoon of blueberry jam
- 2 natural Greek yogurts without sugar
In the event that red fruits are frozen, we let them thaw
We put the fruit, the orange zest, the juice, the sugar avainillad or and the blueberry jam (or any other red fruit) in a saucepan on the fire. Cover and cook the ingredients gently for 5 minutes or until they release juices and the fruit softens.
We separate the saucepan from the fire and reserve. We let the compote cool and serve it over the Greek yogurt.
- Red fruits can be fresh or frozen, in which case thaw them beforehand.
- You can substitute Greek yogurt for a skimmed and sweetened one, in which case it is not necessary to add sugar and if you like the vanilla touch, with add a little vanilla extract, arranged.
- The jam can be of blueberries, red currants, red fruits ...